Lawless tested thirteen subjects under three conditions - cooperative, ambiguous, and competitive - ten times under each condition, and characterized each sunject's behavior accordingly. The resulting behavior corrisponds to the following colors; cooperative in blue, a competitive behavior is red, and points for which there was not data is purple. Lawless's study on Air Force pilots was done to improve the method for picking which pilots to go on given missions. Use the movie of slices of the lawless data set to answer the following question.
If you don't have Sparkle, the software needed to watch this movie, here is a will link to instructions on how to get Sparkle.
To download the lawless.hdf file, to view the file using Spyglass. Click to DOWNLOAD lawless.hdf. See Spyglass section for instructions on how to open the hdf file in Spyglass.
1. Which of the following slices would let you see how one pilot responded under each of the conditions and testing events?
2. Which pilot would be best for a competitive situation, if you wanted the pilot to respond cooperatively?
3. Which pilot would be best for a cooperative situation where you wanted the pilot to be competitive?
5. Which pilot responded most cooperatively overall?
6. Which pilot responded most competitively overall?
Last revised July 8, 1996