Envisioning Scientific Information: References
- P. Shah and P.A. Carpenter, "Conceptual Limitations in Comprehending Line Graphs",
J. Experimental Psychology: General, Vol. 124, No. 1, pp. 43-61, (1995)
- J.W. Gibbs,"Graphical Methods in the Thermodynamics of Fluids" and "A
Method of Geometrical Representation of the Thermodynamic Properties of
Substances by Means of Surfaces", Transactions of the Connecticut Academy,
Vol. II, Part 1, pp. 309-342 and Part 2, pp. 382-404, (1873)
- J. Clerk Maxwell, "Theory of Heat", Longmans, Green, and Co, (1904)
- E.R. Tufte, "The Visual Display of Quantitative Information," Graphics Press, Cheshire, Connecticut,( 1990)
- R.M. Friedhoff, "Visualization: The Second Computer Revolution", Harry N. Abrams, Inc., New York, (1989)
- T. West, "A Return to Visual Thinking", Computer Graphics World, November, pg.114-115, (1992)
- E.F. Brown and J.P. Boris, "A Numerical Simulation of Circular and Elliptic Free Jets," Division of Fluid Dynamics, American Physical Society, 43rd Annual Meeting, Nov. 18-20, Ithaca, NY. (1990)
- S.A. Ragab and S. Sheen, "Numerical Simulation of a Compressible Mixing
Layer. AIAA No. 90-1669, AIAA 21st Fluid Dynamics, Plasma Dynamics and Lasers
- D. Frederick and T.S. Chang, "Continuum Mechanics," Scientific Publishers Inc., Boston, (1972)
- P. Bourke, Euler Angles:
- R.B. Haber, " Visualization Techniques for Engineering Mechanics," Computing Systems in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 37-50, (1990).
- R.B. Haber: VCR-Movie entitled "Dynamic Crack Propagation with Step-Function Stress Loading," Visualization in Scientific Computing, Ed.s, B.H. McCormick, T.A. DeFanti, and M.D. Brown, published by ACM SIGGRAPH Computer Graphics, Vol 21, No. 6, November (1987)
- J. G. Moore, S.A. Schorn and J. Moore, "Methods of Classical Mechanics
Applied to Turbulence Stresses in a Tip Leakage Vortex," ASME Paper No.
95-GT-220, Presented at the IGTI Conference Gas Turbine Conference, Houston,
Texas, October, 1994, (also Turbomachinery Research Group Report No. JM/94-9),
Mechanical Engineering Dept., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University, Blacksburg, Virginia (1994), Published Journal of Turbomachinery,
Vol. 118, pp. 622-629, (1996).
- Y.M.A Hashash, J.I. Yao, and D.C. Worting, "Glyph and hyperstream representation of stress and strain tensors and material constitutive response", Int. J. Numer. and Anal. Meth. in Geomech., Vol 27, pp 603-626, 2003.
- T. Delmarcelle and L. Hesselink, " Visualization of Second Order Tensor Fields and Matrix Data," IEEE Computer Graphics & Applications, pp. 25-33 July (1993).
- L. Hesselink, T. Delmarcelle and J.L. Helman, "Topology of Second-Order Tensor Fields," Computers in Physics, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 304-311, May/June (1995).
- H.M. Ledbetter and R.D. Kriz, "Elastic-Wave Surfaces in Solids," Physica Status Solidi, (b) Vol. 114, pg. 475, (1982).
- R.D. Kriz and H.M. ledbetter, "Elastic Wave Surfaces in Anisotropic Media", Rheology of Anisotropic Materials, C. Huet, D. Bourgoin, and S. Richemond, Eds., CEPADUES-Editions, Toulouse, France, pp. 79-91, (1986).
- M.J.P. Musgrave, "On an Elastodynamic Classification of Orthorhombic Media," Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A Vol. 374, pp. 401-429, (1981).
- J.F. Nye, "Physical Properties of Crystals," Oxford Press, (1950)
- RogueWave, PV-Wave software.
- W.H. Prosser, R.D. Kriz and D.W. Fitting, "Nonlinear Elastic Effects on the Energy Flux Deviation of Ultrasonic Waves in Graphite Epoxy Composites", Review of Progress in Quantitative Nondestructive Evaluation, Eds. Thompson and Chimenti, Vol. 10, pp. 237-245 (1991)
- The Life and Science of Richard Feynman, Vintage Books, New York, pp. 241--225 (1992)
Send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronald D. Kriz, Short Bio
Engineering Science and Mechanics
College of Engineering
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061
Revised October 2007